BETHANY, W.Va. – Bethany College has benefited through the years by having a number of chairs and professorships endowed by generous donors of the College. Listed below are the College’s endowed positions and their occupants for the 2009-10 academic year.
- Dr. Scott D. Miller: President of the College & M.M. Cochran Professor of Leadership Studies
- Dr. Darin E. Fields: Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty and Sarah B. Cochran Professor of English
- Dr. Gary H. Kappel: Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs, Director of Institutional Effectiveness, Professor of History and Perry E. and Aleece C. Gresham Chair in Humanities
- Mr. W. Randolph Cooey: John F. and Evelyn Casey Steen Professorship in Economics and Chair of the Department of Economics and Business
- Dr. James W. Farwell: Thomas W. Phillips Chair of Religious Studies, Associate Professor of Religious Studies and Chair of the Department of Humanities
- Ms. M.E. Yancosek Gamble: Renner Visiting Scholar
- Dr. Elizabeth M. Hull: Dr. Robert L. Martin Chair in English Literature, Professor of English and Chair of the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Dr. Robert A. Paysen: The Goulding-Woolery Professorship in Chemistry and Chair of the Department of Physical Science
- Mr. Herb Weaver: Jennie Steindorf Renner Chair of Fine Arts and Professor of Fine Arts
Bethany is a small college of national distinction located on a historic 1,300-acre campus in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia. Founded in 1840, it is the oldest college in the state.