Federal Loans

Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans

Subsidized and unsubsidized loans are federal student loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher education at a four-year college or university, community college, or trade, career, or technical school. The U.S. Department of Education offers eligible students at participating schools Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct Unsubsidized Loans. (Some people refer to these loans as Stafford Loans or Direct Stafford Loans.)

Parent Plus Loan

The Parent Plus Loan is a federal loan that  parents of dependent undergraduate students can use to help pay education expenses. If you wish to apply for the Parent Plus loan please print the form from the link below and return it to the Financial Aid Office. If you wish to borrow the Parent Plus Loan you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note for the Parent Plus Loan. (Can you please add the parent plus application here)

Master Promissory Note

The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a legal document in which you promise to repay your loan(s) and any accrued interest and fees to the U.S. Department of Education. All borrowers are required to complete an MPN before they can receive federal loans. Please visit www.studentloans.gov to complete your MPN for the Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans.

Entrance Counseling

All students taking out Direct Subsidized Loans or Direct Unsubsidized Loans: If you have not previously received a subsidized or unsubsidized loan under the Direct Loan Program or a subsidized or unsubsidized Stafford Loan under the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program, you’ll be required to complete entrance counseling. Please visit www.studentloans.gov to complete Entrance Counseling.