International Admission Procedures
Bethany College will process all admission applications as soon as all required materials are received. To allow sufficient time for paperwork processing, students must submit all materials to Bethany College by June 1st for fall semester enrollment and November 1st for spring semester enrollment. All students will be notified of the College's registration period and will be expected to arrive and enroll during the registration period of their first semester.
International students must apply online. You may begin this process here. After you are finished, click the 'SUBMIT' button located in the left column of the application and follow the directions. Print and sign the application agreement statement that appears after you submit the completed online application.
Remember: your application will not be reviewed until all materials are received. Please refer to the admission checklist below for a complete list of required documents.
International Admission Checklist
All documents should be sent to the Bethany College Office of Admission at this address:
Bethany College Center for Enrollment
P.O Box 148
Bethany, West Virginia 26032
- Submit a signed copy of the application agreement statement.
- Official copies of academic records from all secondary schools, colleges, or universities previously attended. All records must be in English. Each copy must bear the stamp or seal and signature of a school official attesting that it is a true copy of the original. Copies of diplomas or certificates should also be provided.
- English language proficiency must be demonstrated for any student whose native language is not English. This may be satisfied by a preferred score of 90 on the Internet-based test, or by completing the highest-level coursework offered by the Intensive English Language Center with a passing grade. The College prefers the examinations or coursework to have been taken within the past 3 years. Bethany College also accepts an IELTS score of 7.0.
- Download and complete the Certificate of Financial Support Form.
- For residents of countries with regulated income taxes, please provide documentation of yearly taxable income.
- Obtain and submit a current certified bank statement, on bank letterhead, showing your family's ability to pay full tuition for one year.
- One letter of recommendation, preferably from a counselor or teacher.
- Download and complete the Medical History form.
- Provide a list of your immunization history. Click here for a list of required immunizations.