Parking Violations: The Following Are the Rules and Fines Applicable:
- Parking near a fire hydrant or blocking a Fire Lane Access, will be fined $50.00
- Parking on building patios, sidewalks and off hard surfaces of paved parking areas, or blocking a road or driveway, will be fined $50.00 and/or towing of the vehicle in violation, plus paying for any property damages.
- Non-registered student vehicles will be fined $25.00 any time the vehicle is parked on Bethany College property.
- Parking where there are no white-lined spaces is prohibited and will be fined $20.00 and/or towing of the vehicle in violation.
- Parking in the yellow-lined area on College Street (brick road) is prohibited. Vehicles will be booted/towed from this restricted area.
- Parking behind Campbell Hall in the Physical Plant area is restricted and will be fined $20.00 and/or towing of the vehicle in violation.
- Handicapped Parking by permit only! Violators will be fined $75.00 and/or towing of the vehicle in violation.
- Impaired/Intoxicated Drivers Bethany College will not compromise the safety of its campus community by permitting the unsafe operation of motor vehicles on campus, especially when such behavior is due to intoxication, or the influence of other illicit substances.
- After three (3) violations, parking privileges can be suspended for the remainder of the school year. The vehicle will be impounded until returned home.
- Fleeing or failure to yield to the Security vehicle will be considered reckless operation and the student will be subject to a fine and/or the towing of the vehicle.
- Hazard/caution lights do not permit parking in fire lanes, restricted areas, etc. Vehicles will be booted/towed or fined.
- Driving on foot- paths, sidewalks and grass- covered areas is not permitted and will be considered reckless operation and the student will be subject to a fine, towing, or suspension from Bethany College.
- Campbell Village is one-way and is marked as such. Driving the wrong way is not permitted and the driver will be fined $25.00 and/or the vehicle may be towed.
- No student shall ride on the top of, or hang out of, any vehicle. Students are not permitted to ride in trunks or the rear of hatchback cars or sport utility vehicles. This is a serious safety violation and will result in a $50.00 fine to the driver and $25.00 fine to each passenger not properly seated. Riding in the bed of pick-up trucks is permitted, but passengers must be seated in the bed. Riding on side rails or fender wells is not permitted.
- Richardson Hall is one way and is marked as such. Driving the wrong way is not permitted and the driver will be fined $25.00 and/or the vehicle may be towed.